Territory Sales RepresentativeTerritory Sales Representative
Based in Syracuse, NY Region
Job Type: Full-time
As a territory sales representative, your primary role is to increase the sales of Meier’s Creek Brewing Company products. This includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premises business, securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with our distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Minimum Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assertively pursue new on & off-premise distribution.
• Call on existing key accounts to maintain business and pre-sell upcoming limited releases.
• Execute periodic special events and promotions that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts.
• Develop and build strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel.
• Complete necessary administrative reporting on a timely basis.
• Visiting both existing and non-buying accounts to secure new or additional draft placements.
• Growing draft distribution for core beer brands and getting a “fast start” on seasonal releases.
• Build and develop relationships with decision makers, management and owners.
• Visiting top chain and independent accounts to grow case sales and market share.
• Focus on securing new distribution, booking displays, and on-shelf merchandising.
• Trade spending and budgeting to maximize promotional activity at key on and off premise accounts, including happy hours, tap attacks, weekly/monthly features, holiday parties, etc.
• Working at special events, beer festivals, or other promotions to bring awareness to the MCBC brand.
• Using the VIP KARMA application to enter sales call notes and account information daily.
• Completing expense reports (monthly) and maintaining a mileage tracker for travel reimbursement.
• Complete ride-along days with distributor representatives and/or managers (work-withs).
• Travel required for training days, sales meetings, market blitzes, and other company activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Sales and closing skills
· Strong computer proficiency with prior experience working in CRM
· Passion for craft beer and food.
· Outgoing, sociable and builds genuine relationships with customers.
· Knowledge of the brewing process and willingness to learn more.
· Attention to detail.
· Understanding of technology and ability to troubleshoot with patience.
· Previous outside sales/ territory sales experience
· Strong beer knowledge
· Clean driving record and access to your own vehicle
· Ability to life up to 20 lbs and carry into customer locations